- Innokenty Samokhvalov was training alone as players are currently under lockdown due to coronavirus
- The late defender was suspected to have died of heart failure with his club confirming he fell ill during a training session
- Samokhvalov joined Lokomotiv Moscow in 2015
but was yet to make an appearance for the club in the Russia Premier League
Russian topflight side Lokomotiv Moscow have confirmed the death of their youngster Innokenty Samokhvalov who was just 22.
The late defender was said to have passed away from suspected heart failure while trying to keep fit under the current lockdown guidelines.
His death has however thrown so many into mourning with his club making a statement earlier
in the week praising his person.
We are truly sad to announce the death of Kazanka defender – Innokentiy Samokhvalov.
He had a wife and a son.
Kesha was a kind, helpful person and a good friend. We are truly shocked by what happened and express our sincere condolences to his family and friends. the club said.
- ‘Forbidden’: UAE declares congregationalRamadan prayers ‘haram’ amidcoronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus: Lagos increases health workers’ hazard allowance to N25,000
- Newcastle United takeover deal threatened as BeINSports ‘make piracy claim’ to Premier League
- N’Golo Kante: Chelsea midfielder unwilling to leave Stamford Bridge amid Barcelona interest
- CoronaVirus: Lokomotiv Moscow defender dies during training